Performance Cuts Offs
Roller Coaster 43km
Based on 7:20am start.
You must leave for your second loop by 10:40am
43km Course closes at 2:25pm
Roller Coaster 21.5km
Based on 7:30am start.
You have 4.5 hours to finish the 21.5km course.
21.5km Course closes at 12noon
Wild Mouse 10k
Based on 8:30am start
You have 4 hours to complete this course.
10km Course Closes – 12:30pm
This Roller Coaster event is a participation event and for some their first trail run. We want as many people as possible to come and enjoy the trails of Mt Dandenong on event day. Having said this – we need to also look after volunteers and our host SkyHigh who graciously allow us to use the venue. We have made the cut off times etc as liberal as possible and hope you can choose the right event for your current fitness and ability and enjoy the event!
The purpose of these rules is to ensure the events integrity as a test of individual performance under equal conditions for all who are participating. The performance rules were put together with the following guiding principle in mind. A fair and safe event for all participants.
Any violation of the rules will be grounds for disqualification and possible banning from future events.
- Each runner’s official race number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
- Pace runners are not allowed.
- Runners must follow the marked trail at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
- Each runner must complete the entire course under his own power. No physical or mechanical aids are allowed, with the exception of Walking Poles which are allowed.
- Except in case of medical emergency, runners may not accept aid or assistance in any form from anyone between checkpoints.
- Runners may not store supplies of any kind along the trail.
- All cut-off times will be strictly enforced. Runners must be checked OUT of the checkpoint BY the cut-off time. Runners returning to the checkpoint after the cut-off time will be removed from the event.
- We operate under a strict “leave no trace” policy. Litter and rubbish which is left on the trails will incur both time penalties and possibly disqualification for repeat offenders. Minimum penalty for this offence is 30 minute time penalty.
- Runners must refrain from any act of bad sportsmanship. Misdirection, physical contact etc is not acceptable and will incur both time penalties and possibly disqualification for repeat offenders.
- Any runner who is unable to finish the event must personally inform staff at the aid station of the nearest checkpoint of his decision to withdraw and make sure their race number is recorded.
- Runners who leave the course without turning in their race number will be classified as “lost,” thereby activating the First Aid Wilderness Team to look go out on the trails and look for them.. In the case we are looking for you but you have gone home without notifying us – any costs associated with this will be billed to the runner.Minimum charge is $250.
- This is a trail run event and not a walking event. Unless you are an exceptional walker you cannot expect to walk the entire course and still finish before the cut off times. All runners, will walk during the event at times, especially the uphills and especially as fatigue sets in. While this is expected – setting out to the walk the entire course is not within the realm of this event.
Any questions regarding these rules should be directed at the Race Director BEFORE event day – email firstname.lastname@example.org